What Items Can Be Recycled?
Tips for Better Recycling Results
1. Please be sure your bin is placed on the curb prior to 7 am on your regularly scheduled collection day.
2. Keep your bin in a convenient place so that all members of the household will be more likely to participate in recycling.
3. Remove all lids and other closures from plastic bottles and containers before placing them in the bin. These items are normally a different type of plastic other than #1 or #2 and are considered contaminants.
4. Do not place aerosol containers of any kind in your recycling bin. These items are hazardous.
5. Do not dispose of left over paint, paint thinner, household cleaners, batteries or any other toxic materials in your recycling bin.
6. Please do not place plastic bags, string, plastic wrap, strapping tape or any rubber or vinyl in your bin, as these are not included in our program.
7. Please remove newspapers from the plastic sleeve and place them on the top of other materials in your bin before securing the lid.
8. Wash your bin on a regular basis to avoid attracting insects, bugs and rodents.
9. Contact the Service Provider by calling the Recycling Hotline to request the replacement of a damaged or missing recycling bin.
10. Make Recycling a Priority!
For Atlanta Citizens
The City of Atlanta provides three locations for citizens to drop off cardboard and electronic materials ("e-waste") to be recycled. These locations are listed below:
· 1540 Northside Drive N.W.
· 128 Clair Drive S.W.
Electronic Waste ("e-waste") and Florescent Bulbs
· 2175 James Jackson Parkway N.W.
E-Waste includes all things electronic; televisions, radios, stereos, computers, monitors, cell phones, etc.
Florescent Bulbs include all lengths of bulbs and both T-8 and standard types.
To utilize the Convenience Drop Off locations, citizens must show proof of residence, including a Georgia Drivers License with the current address and a recent utility bill.
Call the Atlanta Recycling Hotline at (404) 792-1212